Great advice from the ACT UP Civil Disobedience Manual.
• Your objectives must be reasonable. You must be able to communicate this to the people in the office.
• Maintain as much eye contact as possible.
• Make no abrupt gestures. Move slowly. When practical, tell the people there what you are going to do before you do it. Don’t say anything threatening, critical, or hostile.
• Don’t be afraid of stating the obvious.
• Seek to befriend your opponent’s better nature; even the most brutal and brutalised among us have some spark of decency that the nonviolent defender can reach.
For the entire manual and great resources, click here.